In response to Hurricane Ida, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette has announced the following instructional and operational changes beginning Sunday, Aug. 29, through Monday, Aug. 30.
- All classes will be canceled on Monday, Aug. 30.
- Classes will resume on Tuesday, Aug. 31.
Students with classes on Saturday should communicate directly with their instructors regarding any changes to the class schedule or delivery.
- On-campus operations and departmental offices will be closed Sunday, Aug. 29, and Monday, Aug. 30. On-campus operations will resume on Tuesday, Aug. 31.
- Only essential personnel performing weather-related tasks should remain on campus Sunday afternoon and report on Monday, if needed. Contact your supervisor with questions.
- Housing and on-campus dining will be operational and information will be communicated directly to residents.
- Students living on campus must complete the Emergency Form in the StarRez Housing Portal and indicate whether they plan to stay on campus during the weather event or if they plan to leave.
- Access the StarRez Housing Portal via ULink, on the Campus Services tab, and in the Residence Life section.
- All campus buildings, except residence halls, will be closed on Sunday, Aug. 29, through Monday, Aug. 30. This includes Edith Garland Dupré Library and Bourgeois Hall.
- All buildings will reopen on Tuesday, Aug. 31, on a regular schedule.
- Campus residents and University employees who are essential personnel may park their vehicles in a parking garage on campus starting at 5 p.m. on Friday in anticipation of Hurricane Ida.
- Parking garages include Girard Park, Taft Street, and Oliver.
- Transportation Services encourages students who usually park near the coulee to move their cars to higher ground or into the garages. Heavy rainfall for an extended period could cause flooding in parking areas near the coulee.
- All vehicles will need to be moved back to their permitted locations once the storm has passed and campus returns to normal operations on Tuesday, Aug. 31.
All in-person campus events are canceled from Sunday, Aug. 29, through Monday, Aug. 30.
The University will continue to monitor the storm and issue communications as needed.
Updates and emergency information will be posted on the University’s website and official social media accounts. Information will be communicated to you through your University email account and possibly the University’s Emergency Notification System (ENS).
ENS emergency alerts are sent by email, telephone and text message. If you have not signed up to receive emergency alerts, please do so. View directions on how to sign up for ENS alerts on the Office of Environmental Health and Safety website.